For me, it’s like water, I can’t live without it. I am addicted to it. My parents always remind me not to try it. It is one of the things that will kill me because I am asthmatic. I know I must not try it. I want to quit but I can’t. I want to quit smoking. When I was still in San Beda College, I always smoke especially before I take my Accounting exams. Smoking reduces the tension and stress that I feel. My friends are always scolding me, they want me to stop.
My parents know that I drink and they always say that we can drink ‘til we drop but we can’t smoke. My cousins also smoke and like me, their parents also don’t know that they are smoking. We always stroll at night at the subdivision where we live just to smoke.
My parents never doubt in me. They have a trust in me. That’s why I want to quit smoking. It is not my health that is in stake for me, it is the trust that my parents have given me. But I just can’t, it helped me so much in my adjusting period here in UP. It relieves my stress and depression. But I must not just try, I must do it. It is harder to find and earn trust than to find a cigarette that will ease my depression. My family can always make me comfortable and happy. But I can never trust cigarettes.
1 comment:
Checked. Have a nice break!
-Ms. Tomacder
Post a Comment